Interns are an essential part of our community. Somewhere between participant and staff, interns get to soak up knowledge around earth skills as well as pedagogy and mentoring.
As an intern, you will
- help facilitate different activities for the kids (ages 6-12)
- provide kids in our program the opportunity to connect with adults in a more casual way than with staff
- demonstrate to the kids a positive example of what college can look like
- learn a wide range of earth skills (e.g. fire-by-friction, hide tanning, tracking, etc.)
- receive feedback and guidance from staff on creative ways of engaging kids, educational pedagogy, and skill building.
Many of our interns in the past have received academic credit through their schools or expanded on the internship into a senior thesis or project. We ask three things of our interns.
- Develop a skill
- Share a skill
- Work on a service project for our community
Interns are expected to show up on time at the start of the day (staff arrive at 8am, kids at 9am) and stay for the full day. No prior experience with natural history/primitive skills necessary. Ideal interns are curious, playful, patient, and adventurous. Our program Sept 7-Dec 16, but start date is flexible. We also have other opportunities to get involved. For more information, please contact us – (802) 557-7127 or info at crowspath dot org.